Announcing: "Girls"!!!

On Sunday, I had a friend over. We were eating and watching TV because screw you, that's where I get my kicks.

We'd just finished an episode of Rome, and were looking for something else. Well, I wasn't going to suggest watching that evening's new installment of The Borgias, because such an activity is only appropriate in private, so I thought for a bit and then said:

"Well, I heard about this show that just premiered tonight, actually. It's called 'Girls'. I think it's supposed to be about us. Like, our people. I mean, It might sound a lot better than it actually is, but I guess it's worth a try."

So we watched it, my friend and I, and when it ended, we just sat there, mouths hanging open.

For, you guys, Girls is GOOD.



So good, in fact, that I decided to cover Girls concurrently with The Borgias. The Girls pieces will be quite different; they won't exactly be "recaps", in that the focus isn't on funny commentary. I'd call them "breakdowns".

So if you're watching Girls, hopefully you'll find value in my breakdowns. Or just slide right past them to get to the Borgias recaps; I won't be offended. But either way, you should really watch Girls. Lena Dunham must become famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Clicktator commands you to comment.